1. I realized just how much I love Mason Jars. Love. I love them for storing things, for making sun tea, and for generally being cute.
2. I have learned that if you renovate an old house, nothing is square, therefore, don't put a tile floor with very straight lines in that old, non-square bathroom if you have OCD tendencies. The fact that the tiles aren't perfectly aligned will keep you awake at night.
3. Your cats will forgive you if you have to keep them confined in one room while you are renovating. They will pout, whine, and whinge if you have to put them in a different room every few days, even if it is for their own good.
4. That I don't care if sitting on my porch for hours at a time and for days on end gets me the reputation as the neighborhood crazy lady. It's my porch and I like it out here.
5. It was reconfirmed for me that some relationships suffer nothing from either distance or time. Some friendships are built for the long haul no matter how unusual or unlikely they may be.