- getting to spend a day solo with the knitting niece
- meeting several other knit bloggers including Frecklegirl Jess and VibeGrrl (who was particularly sweet to the niece)
(That's Jess (on the right) and a friend being interviewed by Kat for the Let's Knit2gether video podcast. A certain niece may also make an appearance on an upcoming episode.)
- purchasing a Golding spindle (I may never own one of their wheels, but this spindle is a thing of beauty.)
- going back for a second day, which was far less crowded
- and adding some more Moving Mud to the collection.
I did add some fiber to the stash, including Kiparoo Farms (many beautiful colorways to choose from),
gorgeous sock yarn,a shawl kit from Morehouse Farm and a Nuno Scarf kit.
There were a few other goodies, but all in all I was (for me) fairly restrained. (Fortunately, the people at Brooks Farm did not charge for fondling the yarn.)