Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Diversionary Tactics

I am absolutely not good at forcing myself to do things I don't want to do, like cleaning, for example. I HATE to clean. So, I am getting ready for some houseguests, and between tiny fits of cleaning, I reward myself with episodes of Law and Order or checking my email. Doing this post is my reward for the 8:00pm hour.

I finished my primary Sea Socks project, Amy Singer's Tuscany Shawl, last week and I am pretty happy with the end result. The Kraemer Silk and Sterling is a bit sparkly, but not too overwhelming and it blocked out beautifully. I hope to have a picture of it "in action" by the time we return from the cruise.


In only tangentially related news, I got Moo Cards. They are most adorable. I'm not entirely jazzed about the two with the miter squares and the hats, but I am enough in love with the monkey one and the sheep to make up for it. I adore the somewhat quaint idea of modern-day calling cards.

I am a little sad to be missing MDS&W this year. My niece and her family no longer live in the DC area so it's harder to justify, especially since I just returned from one fiber excursion and about to embark on another. I know my niece wishes we could go again. Maybe next year...
Bah, I must get back to the inevitable lest I be up half the night. Ick.

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh hey, I'll be thinking of you at MDS&W this weekend!!

f. pea said...

i love the stitch pattern in that shawl -- can't wait to see it in action. i'll give your love to MSW!