Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wings of Silk

After a minor snafu with the yarn, it arrived and I have been working on Garnet Wings. I got gauge, but I'm not feeling confident about the fit. The silk is stretchy, especially once it has been washed, so I worry about it being too baggy. (I don't want it too form fitting, either, just something that would skim the body.) I would just spray block it and then dry clean it to avoid the stretch, but there is a TON of dye transfer from this Till Tomas Plie. I'm worried if I don't soak it, I will be lobster-colored by the end of the night. Any advice or experience with this particular issue?

I'm off to Columbus for a conference. I'm bringing the Wings with me--I'm on a mission!

3 comments:

carey said...

GO ANGELA! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!

I know nothing about this yarn so can offer no advice, only support! Enjoy Columbus...

The_Add_Knitter said...

I've never used that yarn before, maybe posting that question on Ravelry might yield some answers...have fun in Columbus!

~laurie said...

Hiya - got to your blog from ravelry
(i'm rewselene there)
If you soak your wool with a mix of i part vinegar to 3 parts water it might help set the colour. It doesn't always work but enough times that its worth a try
:)