Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2008

If Knitting is the New Yoga...

...then why is my butt so big?!
I have been going to either a yoga or Pilates class 3-4 times a week for the last few weeks, and I got up and got dressed this morning with the intention of going to a yoga class. My garage door had other plans. The electronic eye has always been super-sensitive, and the cold seems to make it more so. It can take several tries until the door goes all the way down and stays there. Today, the remote would open the door but not close it. The only way to close it was to use the wall switch, but because the eye is so sensitive, I couldn't push the switch and run for it because the door would go back up if I did. After 10 minutes of this nonsense, I packed it in and went back inside. In the city, I won't risk leaving the door up even for a few minutes. Someone once dug a hydrangea bush out of my backyard, so I'm pretty sure the contents of the garage would walk if opportunity presented itself.

No yoga meant more knitting. As a result, the Baby Surprise is now blocking. Once it dries, I can seam up the top of the sleeves and finish the neckline and off it goes! (The colors look funky on my monitor; in actuality, the yellow is more of a spring green, and the turquoise and bright green aren't so prominent.)

I have started, frogged and re-started the Hi-Top Booties. On first pass, I decided that I could make a few mods that might benefit the design. I'll let you know how they turn out. Once I finish them, I will be out of the seemingly endless baby wear phase.

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are in an EZ kick for sure! Love the BSJ--for some reason I have been super intimidated by it. And those Garage Door Follies are too hilarious!

carey said...

I LOVE THIS!! How gorgeous...

Hey--I never heard what you thought of Sweeney Todd? just saw it this weekend and thought it was brilliant...