Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weaving: The Ins and Outs

I've been planning a project for some time. Inspired, as I often am, by the work of Alabama Chanin, I had a vision in my head for a stool embellished with woven cotton jersey pulls. While I would have been satisfied with a normal, easy-to-find, garden variety kitchen stool, I had hopes of finding a more interesting piece. I was hoping for an industrial piece with, ideally, a pierced metal seat. I hadn't begun an active search, but it was always lurking back-of-mind. This summer, my new neighbors had a porch sale, and when I looked out the window to survey the goods, sitting there was exactly the stool I had in mind. Score! A few weeks back, Alabama Chanin had a big sale, and I was able to pick up balls of cotton pulls at a great price. Today, I embarked on my non-traditional weaving project. Practically instant gratification, months in the making! 


 

No comments: