Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

Back in action

Just returned from vacation. I finished my bell-sleeve shrug in the hotel the night before the ship left port so I was able to wear it. It turned out okay--not great. I used Shine and it is already a little bit pill-y. Harrumph.

Once I got on the ship, I did not knit at all. Too hot. I did, however, read Knitting Rules and Mason-Dixon Knitting. Both were great. I cannot wait to start a log cabin throw.

I am looking forward to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival with great anticipation. I think I may scope out some sock yarn and try a sock. I'll probably never wear it/them (I really don't like wearing socks--an issue when you live in the cold, windy Midwest) but I want to try it out. Perhaps stockings for the mantelpiece...(Just thinking ahead.)

I have joined Carrieoke's Green Gable KAL. I don't have a lot of faith that the finished product will look good on me, but I am looking forward to working along with fellow knitters. When I was a kid, back in the days before the VCR, The Wizard of Oz was only on once a year. That was it, no second chances. (We did not have a color tv--just black and white--so while I did know that most of the movie was in color, I didn't actually see it that way until I was in high school--how sad is that?!!) I loved knowing that I was watching the movie along with everyone else; it was an event for me, and one I looked forward to every year. I'm thinking of the KAL in sort of the same way--something that is connecting knitters all over the country in a common pursuit. I've ordered my Cotton Fleece and I am ready to go!

1 comment:

carrie said...

thank you for stopping by my blog! i'm eager to start green gables, but i have a lot ahead of it in the knitting queu. and you're right about the "wizard of oz" and knit-a-longs. that's kinda why i did the knitting olympics. kinda neat.