Search This Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah...

That's my attempt at the phonetic spelling of the sound, you know, that LOSER sound when things go bust. That "If I had only picked door number two I would have won the Amana Radar Range but, nooooooo, I picked door number three. What am I gonna do with a year's supply of canned peas?" sound. (I think canned peas are the devil, by the way. Blech.) So why the loser sound? Because I violated the Summer of Stash. I caved. I gave in. I lusted and I sinned. (Not even lust, actually, I just couldn't resist the urge.) And then it got really bad...

I decided to go out last night to knit at Loopy and that's where things took a turn. They were having a 20% & 40% off sale. I am a sale ho, so therefore I succumbed to this:



I know, I know, it's kinda like the Oscar the Grouch and Grover melted on my couch. I am trying to avoid novelty yarns (although there are some that have been useful and fun and I don't write them off completely), but I really do think this purchase was actually the result of finding out that Suss Soho closed and that I missed the sale. (I tried to call but I was too late.) A sad, sad development because I thought it was a lovely store but since it was in NYC and I'm in Chicago, it's not like I could go there a lot. This stuff is soft. Little baby kitten soft. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, but I bought all of the skeins they had in stock of these two colors--40% off. And it gets worse. When I got home, waiting in my inbox was a sale notice from Knit Picks. Most of the sale yarns left me cold, but the Main Line did call to me. Okay, it yelled. So I bought enough for this and this. Ugh. I am a miserable yarn ho/sale ho failure.

On another note, the Harlot is coming. She will be in Chicagoland on Monday. I say Chicagoland because she is going to be at a shop way down on the south side. From the website (especially the pic in the upper right corner) it looks adorable. It is a mere 14 miles from my office, but I'm pretty sure it will take about an hour to get there at rush hour. Grumble, grumble. But I am excited to check out the shop. (I will not buy yarn, I will not buy yarn, I will not...)

No comments: