Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2007

In Stitches (Yeah, I know that's bad...)

Stitches Midwest is sharing the ever-lovely Donald E. Stephens (R.I.P.) Convention Center with a comic conference called Wizard or something. As you might guess, hilarity ensues:
  • I've heard several of the Wizard attendees referring to a knitting conference as "weird" and "strange". Hello, Pot, this is Kettle.

  • I rode the parking garage elevator with a Stormtrooper, a Pirate Wench, and Professor Snape. I was unharmed. (A poor imitation of Snape, I might add, since you know how I feel about Alan Rickman.)

  • Wonder Woman and The Joker are drawn together by their mutual need for nicotine:

(Sorry for the crap-tastic phone picture.)

I'll give a comprehensive run-down of the stash acquisitions later (modest enhancement for me, I might add), but it is worth noting that I picked up the new Cat Bordhi book. It is a good thing that woman uses her powers for good, because she is a freaking genius.

I took an EXCELLENT class from Susanna Hansson on Japanese Short Rows. Pretty fantabulous.

La Mondragon wore leopard print pants to MC the fashion show. Need I say more?

3 comments:

Corinne said...

I was in the market all afternoon. I'm sorry I didn't see you! Dana and I went to dinner at Gibson's after with some more knitting friends. Maybe La M was at the wrong convention. He would go unnoticed among the wizards.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Gamers!! You were amidst gamers and or/ creative anachronism people!!That is SO FUNNY!! Yes, please show us what you bought...

Emily said...

OMG the wizards were too funny! And BTW, they were big spenders. I've been there for both Stitches and the Chicago Quilt Festival and I've never seen a humongous line for the ATM machine like I saw today.