Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Finish What You Started

One of the things I hope to do in 2009 is finish at least one project a week. That may mean finally sewing up a sweater started in 2008 or it may mean that I have to cast on a baby hat at 6pm on a Sunday night just to have something to finish. However it happens, that's what I would like to do. So far in 2009 I have completed:





a Noro striped scarf,








a Sophie's Toes Magic Ball scarf,








two baby hats for the service project currently running in the Knitters for Obama group on Ravelry,






a Chevron Scarf,




a charity blanket made for Blue Moon Fiber Arts that Tina will give away,





and two Brangelina Hats, also for KFO.










The blanket was the only project that had been on the needles at the start of the year.




I've also decided to evaluate UFOs. Either it gets finished or frogged. I've picked up the Ribby Pulli again, but the Hiker's Waistcoat bit the dust, mostly because I'd lost my place and was too lazy to figure out where I was. (Seriously, it's not a hard pattern, so that's a pretty pathetic admission.) I plan to cast the vest on again and start fresh, but I did pick up a similar one on sale at the Sundance Catalog for a great price, so who knows how that will go.









5 comments:

monica said...

Way to go on all those FO's! You're off to a great start.

Jocele said...

My goodness, you're productive. Great job!

BubbieLiz said...

Great looking projects, and the blanket is wild. Nice work!!

Linda said...

Wow, you sure have finished a lot already! You make me feel like a slacker ;) I'm looking forward to seeing you at camp!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

God, SO productive!! I love your Noro scarf and am off to investigate the Brangelina hats...