Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Halfway Point (or The Road to the Podium*)

The Olympics are halfway over and I am about halfway through the yarn required for my project. Pretty good, right? Well, last night, after a loooooong day that was part of a looooooooooong week at work, I started knitting and maybe wasn't enough attention and, as Bob Costas would say, disaster struck. I have frogged and re-knit three rows over and over and still can't get to the root of the problem. I am hoping that with a night's sleep and fresh eyes and a Venti Starbucks this morning that I will be able to figure out the problem and get going again. Ugh. I was getting a little overconfident, frankly, and had been congratulating myself on how it had been going to this point. Lindsey Jacobellis and I have learned our lessons, I think.

On another subject, there used to be another post in this blog. It was there, I swear. But it disappeared when I posted the previous entry. I don't know why. Suffice it to say that it was the best, wittiest, most clever post that will ever appear here and now it is gone into the ether forever. (Okay, maybe not, but since it no longer exists, who will ever know?)

*An observation from THE GAMES: "Podium" is now a verb. I have noted that the athletes (and some commentators) have begun to use podium, previously used as a noun, as a verb. Or maybe it is just the Halfpipe Snowboarders. Example: "The Flying Tomato really laid it down tonight. There was a question after his first run if he would even be able to make it into the finals. Not only did he get there but he was able to podium with the gold for the US."

No comments: