Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Olympic Success



Although there were times I doubted myself, I was able to complete my Olympic project--an alpaca lace shawl--during the women's free skate. That's the good part. The bad part is that I'm not sure that I like it...Fortunately, the Elann alpaca that I used is super reasonable. And, it was about the thrill of the pursuit. I did spend 5 hours last Saturday trying to fix the problem described in the previous post. Ugh.

Don't know how much knitting I'll get in today. I am going to be guest lecturing for a college class on Producing Live Theater. Then, we may be off to do some car shopping. I've been a VW driver practically my whole life. There was a behemoth station wagon thrown in there at one point; my parents bought it when I was in 5th grade, and gave it to me when I moved out of the house 10+ years later. Fortunately for me, a tree fell on it and it wasn't mine for very much longer. (Although it was still drivable--that's how big it was!) We are considering (gasp!) other types of cars. We're checking out Volvos and I want to drive a Prius. (I'm worried that the rear window is too tiny and I will feel claustrophobic in it.) There is a good chance we'll end up with a Jetta or Passat, though. Frankly, we're creatures of habit and we just don't drive all that much. In the four years we've had the current Jetta, I/we have only put 21,000 miles on it.

I think I'm going to start Bobblicious from Knitty.com next. I have two types of yarn for it: possibly the last 14 skeins of Classic Elite's Waterspun Weekend on the planet that I bought on eBay this week and Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick n' Quick. The TnQ kinda gives me the ooks because I'm just not an acrylic girl. I'm a bit worried about pilling, etc. But, that's what the recipe called for, so I bought it. Don't love the Waterspun's color--Henna--but it was all I could get.

Gotta go influence young minds...

No comments: