Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Inertia and the Art of Choosing a Car

Basically we are lazy. We spent a grand total of four hours car shopping. We first went to a Volvo dealer and were hopelessly confused. They had only six cars in the showroom and 90% of the ones in the lot did not have stickers. We didn't know what to do. So, my husband and I looked at each other and decided to go to the VW dealer where we've gotten our last two cars. We bought a 2005 1/2 Jetta. It's a "program car" so technically it is used--with 1100 miles on it. It's loaded: leather, sun roof, 6-disc in-dash changer, heated seats, rear window sun shade (!!!), etc. And the big bonus feature: memory settings on the seats. Since I'm 5'2" and my husband is 6'5", the convenience of that cannot be underestimated.

So, during the Olympics I actually got a lot of knitting done. I finished the second half of the curlicue Scarf from Scarf Style, made the alpaca shawl (my official Olympic entry) and the first half of Bobblicious. Not a bad tally, I must say.

I'm sad that the actual Olympics are over. I am really hoping that my husband and I will be able to attend the 2010 Vancouver games. Vancouver is one of our favorite cities and I have always had a passion for the winter games. (I am the least sporty person on the planet, but I love the Olympics.)

No comments: